We are the leader in comprehensive pathology and lab services.
Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) are infections caused by bacteria in any part of the urinary system-kidneys, ureters, bladder, and urethra. UTIs are responsible for nearly 10 million Doctor’s visits a year. As much as 80% of patients with UTls will have reoccurrences. 80-90% of UT ls are caused by a single type of bacteria.
WHY OUR TEST IS BETTER
- Identifies 25 Most Common Pathogens using Real-Time PCR
- Detects 11 Antibiotic Resistance Markers
- Higher Sensitivity
- Rapid Detection
WHY THIS TEST IS CRITICAL
This test identifies more bacteria than traditional urine culture in patients with symptomatic urinary tract infection (UTI) and is able to detect more fastidious bacteria. Although widely used, culture-based methods for the detection of pathogens involved in UTIs lack sensitivity, are subjective, take a few days to result, and have shown to miss a percentage of positive cases. Current culture plating methods can typically take anywhere from 18 to 30 hours—even longer with subsequent antimicrobial sensitivity analysis.
25 COMMON PATHOGENS
• Acinetobacter baumannii • Candida albicans
• Candida glabrata • Candida krusei
• Candida parapsilosis • Candida tropicalis
• Citrobacter freundii • Enterobacter aerogenes
• Enterobacter cloacae • Enterococcus faecalis
• Enterococcus faecium • Escherichia coli
• Klebsiella oxytoca